- J.D. – University of Western Ontario - 2012
- B.A. (Honours) – University of Waterloo - 2009
PRIOR LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP
- Aitken Klee LLP
- Ontario Bar, 2013
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
AWARDS + RECOGNITION
- Blake, Cassels & Graydon LLP Award in Corporate Law
- Scotiabank Scholarship in Wills
- Edward C. Elwood Q.C. Prizes in Wills and Trusts
- Indspire (National Aboriginal Achievement Foundation) Scholarship Recipient (2009-2011)
- Valedictorian – University of Western Ontario Faculty of Law, Class of 2012
fax: (905) 366-9707
Jeff is the dedicated research and writing lawyer for Speigel Nichols Fox LLP, providing the firm’s lawyers and clients with efficient and cost-effective research services. Jeff’s diverse research interests include construction law, corporate-commercial law, employment law, intellectual property law, and indigenous rights.
Jeff also maintains a practice focused on general civil litigation, appearing before the Ontario Superior Court of Justice and the Small Claims Court.
Prior to joining Speigel Nichols Fox LLP, Jeff completed his articles at a national law firm located in downtown Toronto. During that time, Jeff worked on a variety of litigation, labour, and corporate-commercial matters.
Jeff subsequently spent several years as an Intellectual Property litigator in Ottawa, with a practice that focused on pharmaceutical patent disputes. Prior to joining Speigel Nichols Fox LLP, Jeff spent a year working as the Senior Policy Advisor to the Métis Nation of Ontario. In this role, Jeff spent nearly 6 months travelling across Ontario and meeting with Métis citizens to discuss harvesting rights and self-government.
As a proud Métis Nation citizen from the Georgian Bay Historic Métis Community, Jeff is passionate about the rights of indigenous peoples. When Jeff is not busy reviewing the most recent case law updates, he is usually spending time with his family or performing in community theatre productions (in an effort to keep his dreams of stardom alive).
- Represented a generic pharmaceutical company in a number of regulatory proceedings.
- Represented a number of companies in patent infringement and validity actions.
- Represented a client facing charges under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Advised client on compliance and employment matters.