- J.D. - Osgoode Hall Law School (2012)
- Masters in Public Health - Drexel University (2007)
- B.Sc (Hon) - McMaster University (2005)
PRIOR LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Crown counsel with the Ministry of the Attorney General
- Adjudicator at Tribunals Ontario
- Ontario Bar – 2013
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Ontario Bar Association
- Peel Law Association
- Advocates’ Society
- Canadian Muslim Lawyers’ Association
- Board Member, Regent Park Film Festival
Asad Ali Moten
fax: (905) 366-9707
Asad Moten is a commercial litigator with broad subject matter experience.
As a Crown counsel with the Ministry of the Attorney General, Asad spent years representing the public interest in all types of litigation matters including commercial, administrative, health, negligence, environmental, police accountability, and regulatory matters. He has appeared and been successful before the Ontario Court of Justice, the Superior Court of Justice, and the Ontario Court of Appeal.
Asad also worked as an adjudicator sitting on the License Appeal Tribunal and Fire Safety Commission. In that capacity, he acted as the decision maker in matters dealing with new home construction warranties (i.e. Tarion warranties), violations under the Ontario Fire Code and Building Code, and licensing under the Motor Vehicle Dealers Act, 2002, Liquor Licence Act, Horse Racing Licence Act, 2015, and others. As an adjudicator and former arbitral secretary, Asad learned first-hand how decision makers think. He brings this insider’s edge to his litigation practice.
Asad also has experience negotiating complex agreements with public and quasi-public bodies. Through this, he learned to incorporate the principles of prevention and risk-mitigation into his advocacy arsenal.
Asad takes pride in being a strong communicator, both with his clients and on their behalf. He understands that litigation is the intersection between people’s stories and the law and knows that his job is to tell his clients’ stories in a digestible and convincing manner.
Outside of the office, Asad is actively engaged in the Toronto arts community as a current and former board member on several community arts organizations. He and his family enjoy exploring Ontario’s great outdoors, making frequent trips to museums and art galleries, and cheering on the Toronto Raptors.
- Represented Ontario in clean-up of environmental contaminant spill
- Represented Ontario in commercial dispute with province-wide technology vendor
- Represented Ontario in action alleging negligent investigation, false arrest, and false imprisonment
- Represented Ontario in personal injury action alleging negligence
- Represented OHIP before the Physician Payment Review Board
- Adjudicated novel matter under Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, 2002 (decision upheld by Divisional Court)