- J.D. (2015-2019): cum laude - University of Ottawa
- B.A. (2011-2015): high distinctions - University of Toronto, Trinity College
PRIOR LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Charney Lawyers PC (Toronto)
- Ontario Bar, 2019
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Hellenic Canadian Lawyer's Association
- National Association of Women and the Law
- Ontario Bar Association
- Hellenic Heritage Foundation
- Chair of Agape Greek Radio's Music & Fashion Show
- Canadian Ethnic Media Association
- Hellenic Home for the Aged – Gala Committee
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Law - Mooting Program: coach
AWARDS + RECOGNITION
- Canadian Ethnic Media Association's 2019 Podcast Award
- 2017 Justice Andromache Karakatsanis Student Scholarship
- Eric E. Bergsten Award - First Place, Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
- Kiwanis Club of Toronto Foundation Scholarship
fax: (905) 366-9707
At a very young age, Dora Konomi decided she wanted to become a lawyer because she enjoys helping others solve their problems. She is an advocate whose practice involves a broad range of civil litigation.
Dora’s advocacy experience started long before she became a lawyer. While in law school, Dora was a member of the international mooting team (i.e. legal debating team) that won the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna. Thereafter, Dora coached several mooting teams, including the University of Ottawa’s first Warren K. Winkler Class Action Moot, for which she won a number of awards. She continues to be actively involved in the University of Ottawa’s mooting program.
Dora co-authored the report “Trade and Gender: Exploring International Practices that Promote Women’s Economic Empowerment,” published by the International Trade Centre in Geneva. She also presented the report’s findings at the annual Canadian Council in International Law Conference in Ottawa in November of 2018.
Dora emigrated from Greece to Canada at the age of 14, but has not forgotten her roots. She is an active participant in the Greek Canadian community. She has her own radio show, hosts various fundraising events, sits on the PR and Next Generation Committees for the Hellenic Heritage Foundation, and is involved with the Hellenic Canadian Lawyers’ Association.
- Represented manufacturer in breach of contract dispute with over $1M at issue
- Represented clients involved in disputes concerning two cancelled condominium projects
- Represented clients involved in major class action files concerning privacy breaches, consumer protection, and product liability
- Represented a developer involved in an insurance coverage dispute
- Represented clients involved in franchise agreement disputes
- Retained to act as an Independent Supervising Solicitor for an Anton Piller Order case