- JD, Queen's University Belfast
- BES, Honours Planning – Land Development Specialization, University of Waterloo
- MBA Essentials Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, Ontario
- Osgoode Certificate in Construction Law – National Edition, Osgoode Hall Law School, York University
PRIOR LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Glaholt Bowles LLP
- Keyser Mason Ball LLP
- Ontario Bar, 2021
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Ontario Bar Association
- Peel Law Association
fax: (905) 366-9707
Lauren Prolas practises in commercial litigation and construction law. She is admittedly competitive; she grew up playing competitive sports. Accordingly, she is ready to fight, embracing litigation strategies as her new playbook, but enjoys being able to avoid unnecessary litigation and help clients solve their problems with creative solutions and advocacy.
Lauren does not shy away from tough or non-traditional roles. Before her legal career began, Lauren worked as a project co-ordinator on construction sites for a large international general contractor.
As a self-proclaimed construction nerd, Lauren has used her boots-on-the-ground construction experience, along with her Juris Doctor doctoral thesis on the Construction Act, to assist clients across all levels of the construction pyramid.
Lauren is actively involved as an officer and director of an animal rescue charity and, putting her money where her mouth is, has adopted her own rescue puppy.
- Represented contractors in complex construction lien disputes
- Represented contractors and builders in breach of contract disputes
- Negotiated various CCDC construction contracts on behalf of owners
- Advised owners relating to performance bonds
- Provided a legal opinion regarding trust claims in BIA and CCAA proceedings
- Represented lawyers in professional negligence claims
- Represented private corporations in contractual dispute
- Advised and represented creditors in debt collection and enforcement proceedings