- LL.M. – Osgoode Hall Law School (2020)
- LL.B. – University of Sussex Law School (2019)
- B.A. (Hons.) – Queen’s University (2017)
PRIOR LAW FIRM EXPERIENCE
- Blaney McMurtry LLP
- Ontario Bar, 2022
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Ontario Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- The Advocates’ Society
Lucas H. Strezos
fax: (905) 366-9707
Lucas Strezos is building a litigation practice focusing on commercial disputes. He brings valuable experience that he has already gained while appearing with, and supporting, counsel at all levels of court in Ontario in a variety of commercial matters. These matters include: complex multi-party litigation in construction, bankruptcy and insolvency, shareholder disputes, civil fraud, and debt collection.
Lucas’ advocacy experience started before he became a lawyer. Completing a portion of his legal education in the United Kingdom allowed him opportunities to compete in national mooting competitions hosted by the University of Oxford and Cambridge University. Upon returning home, Lucas furthered his studies, earning a Master of Laws at Osgoode Hall Law School in Canadian Common Law.
Lucas likes to pound the pavement – almost literally. As an avid runner, he recognizes that discipline and preparation are paramount for success and has developed both for peak performance on the road and, in his advocacy – although he recognizes that good advocacy is far more subtle than pounding roads or, indeed, anything else.
- Represented contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes and liens
- Advised shareholders in shareholder disputes
- Represented various creditors, including financial institutions, in the enforcement of their legal rights and remedies
- Represented corporations in contractual disputes