- Trained in Internet Intelligence. A course taken worldwide by employees of police agencies, financial institutions, and other public and private associations
- Business Administration (Honours) - Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology - 1983
PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE
- Canada Trust (now the Toronto-Dominion Bank)
- English and Italian
PROFESSIONAL & COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Mississauga Board of Trade
- Participant of the ICE Italian Trade Commission at Toronto (an Italian government organisation that promotes and supports the internationalism of Italian corporations in Ontario)
- Participant of the Credit Association of Greater Toronto
- Organized the Shop Locally, Professionally galas, which allowed service providers to hobnob with local businesses as well as SNF's business ambassador Hazel McCallion
AWARDS + RECOGNITION
- Award of Excellence - The Canada Trust Company
- Publicly recognized by a large client as being instrumental in the collection of millions of dollars
Chief Law Clerk
fax: (905) 366-9707
Tiziana Moretti joined Speigel Nichols Fox LLP in 1996 and is its chief law clerk. She oversees the firm’s debt collection & enforcement department and works closely with the firm’s lawyers.
Before joining Speigel Nichols Fox LLP, Tiziana was the manager of the mortgage administration unit at The Canada Trust Company (now part of The Toronto-Dominion Bank) for 11 years. In that capacity, she supervised a staff of approximately 30 employees and was responsible for the funding, administration, and collection of loans and mortgages for the Western Lake Ontario Region, encompassing Toronto and many of its surrounding areas. The Region was responsible for one of CT’s largest lending portfolios.
Here’s a surprise: debtors often hide their assets from creditors. Tiziana can uncover assets that no one else sees. She combines extensive due diligence and research, with a generous dollop of creativity to trace assets and transfers to unlikely sources and then pounces on unsuspecting debtors who think that their shenanigans have gone unnoticed.
What She Does
- Investigates a debtor's life history to expose a path to hidden assets
- Reviews and assesses credit applications, underwriting files, credit bureaus, sub-searches of property, and numerous other searches
- Unveils debtors' deceitful acts of fraud, including confirmation of a debtor's true identity
- Conducts examinations in aid of execution
- Negotiates settlement arrangements (hundreds, if not thousands of them)
- Analyses complex and voluminous files to set out collection blueprint for lawyers to follow
- Works with lawyers regarding fraudulent conveyance actions, piercing of corporate veils, Mareva injunctions, Norwich applications, garnishment, seizure, bankruptcy actions, proposals, and payments, trust remedies, and Sheriff sales
For Whom She Does It
- Acts for large and small financial institutions, credit unions, a provincial government agency, lawyers, insurance companies, businesses, construction companies, estates, and individuals.
- Worked with and represented corporations based in Italy to assist and resolve legal matters in Ontario
- Worked with and represented a global debt collection agency to assist and resolve legal matters in Italy, Canada, France, Spain, the Kingdom of Morocco, Mexico, and USA
- Acted for a US Hedge Fund.
- Acted for two food distributors against a large grocery store chain
- Acted for a creditor in collecting money due from a publicly traded corporation and, in doing so, reviewed and assessed SEDAR filings, examined the CFO, and negotiated with the CEO in the midst of the corporation's merger discussions
- Acted for a creditor in a complex collection matter involving a debtor indicted in the USA with assets purportedly held in the name of an Ontario estate